If you want your website to present a professional image to your visitors, you need to be open and clear about your business practices online.
There are a few quick questions to you should ask yourself:
- Does your website use Google Analytics?
- Does your website have a contact us form or other inquiry form?
- Do you have a signup box for your email newsletter on your website?
- Do you allow people to leave comments on your blog?
This is an excerpt from the 2017 Google Analytics terms of service:
Read the full Google Analytics terms of service.
I asked my legal advisor about a specific website of mine, and here are some of the tips he gave me:
Jay Hurdle, Hurdle Law Firm
Resources for Privacy Policies
- Small Business Administration’s page on privacy law
- State laws related to internet privacy
Examples of Privacy Policies
- The Better Business Bureau has an example privacy notice that may give you a good place to start: https://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/for-businesses/toolkits1/sample-privacy-policy/